Friday, October 8, 2010

TRS Recovery Services

This is a warning for those of you who use amazon.com. Amazon uses a debt collection service called TRS recovery services. At times when customers pay with direct checks, debit, or credit cards the payment does not go through. At this point in the transaction Amazon sends your personal information to the debt collection company for them to collect the payment. I kept getting phone calls from this debt collection agency giving me file numbers that were over 14 numbers long telling me that I owed several different amounts to Amazon for a mistake I made. I assumed that since I had already received all of the items that I had purchased the calls were a scam. They would call and asked for my bank account number, my credit card information, and my drivers license. I refused multiple times to pay and I contacted Amazon multiple times asking them if this was a legit company. They replied every time that there was no hold on my account and that every thing I had purchased had been paid for and there were no problems. However, I kept getting the collection calls 3 and 4 times a day. Finally one day I went on their website and typed in the terribly long file reference number and my zip code and the charge was 40 dollars. I paid it and I was so happy it was over and I would not have to deal with it anymore. I wrote down the verification code and put it on my fridge. The next morning I woke up to my regular 8am phone call from TRS. The phone operator informed me that I did not just have one debt I had SIX! I had him list out all of the reference numbers and then I went online and paid them all. However, one of the reference numbers the guy gave me didn't work. I called TRS and they told me that it was someone else's number and that I had paid all of my debts and I was good to go. Once again I wrote down all of the reference numbers and I was so happy it was over. In the end I ended up paying over 100 dollars which was twice the amount I should have paid for the items on Amazon. Everyday since this was all over I received at lease one unknown call from a caller that would hang up. This morning it happened again... but this time the called did not hang up. They started with their normal "Hello I am calling from TRS...." I told her I have paid everything and that I was told by one of their representatives that I had already paid everything. She told me that I still have one more that wasn't paid.  So... Like every other time I wrote down the ridiculously long reference number and I am now at this very moment about to go pay my VERY LAST debt to Amazon through TRS recovery services. I am very sad that this happened because I was a big fan of Amazon and I was a constant shopper. This has really put a bad taste in my mouth for Amazon. I think I am going to avoid them for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment