Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving

As you may or may not know I had grand plans for Thanksgiving. The plan was to work Friday morning and then head home for a 10 whole days of rest and relaxation. It seems that all that plans were for nothing. When I got the call that delivered the news of my new job they also delivered a big blow to my fantastic planning. There was going to be a mandatory meeting on Monday the 22nd. I had two choices the first would be to stay home alone during the weekend and then head home after the meeting on Monday OR to drive 5 hours home and 5 hours back on Monday and 5 hours back home on Monday night or Tuesday morning. I decided to choose the second choice. I had been waiting all this time to go home and I wasn't about to stay home for a whole weekend along knowing that I could have been home. The plan was for me and my boyfriend to drive home and when I came back for him to come with me or for my mom to come instead. After a short very busy weekend we decided that my mom and I would come back and we would do a little shopping and then drive back home. On the day of mom decided we would spend Monday night and drive home Tuesday morning. Thank goodness we did that because we spend all day driving, meeting, and shopping and by the time we were done I could barely keep my eyes open. When we got home on Tuesday I went hunting with my boyfriend and all we saw were a few doe. We hunted again on Wednesday morning and then I headed home to work on the house. I had a long to do list from my mom. I needed to clean my room, take wall paper border down in my sisters room, clean the bathroom, change the furniture around in mine and my sisters rooms, and finish a 15 page paper that I had been procrastinating on for about a month. After working all day and actually staying awake all day I finished everything before my sister got home. Thanksgiving morning we all got up, finished cooking,and got ready to go out to my moms cousins house for a big family thanksgiving. After eating way to much and having lots of good conversations my boyfriend left to go to his families house for another big thanksgiving dinner. After eating way too much and having some more conversation I had to leave to go home to work on my paper again. Luckily this time my sister was home to help me figure it all out. We watched Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince and went to bed. At around 1:30am I woke and and the porch light was on. I waited a few minutes hoping dad had just gone outside for more firewood or something but the light didn't go off. I decided I would get up and see what was going on. I walked into the hall and the living room light was on and mom was sitting in front of the fire reading magazines like nothing was going on. She then started telling me that my sister had taken her boyfriend to the hospital and my dad went after they did to check on them. I wasn't feeling well at the moment so I decided I would go back to bed. At the same time I got an text message that my boyfriend was awake sick. I went back to sleep and the next morning when I woke up I found out that my sisters boyfriend was ok and my dad had gotten sick at the hospital and he was ok, and that my  boyfriend was also ok after a really long night. Friday was our day to go with all the women of the family shopping at the arts and crafts show. After everyone was ready we drove 45 minutes to eat at Olive Garden for lunch. SOOO GOOOD! After lunch we drove about 30 more minutes to the arts and crafts show. We walked around for awhile and I found the most amazing jewelry I have ever seen. Literally I would have bought every single thing this guy had. I controlled my need to spend and left with once necklace. Once we were done there we headed home. The rest of the day was spend in hobby lobby, dollar tree, and lowes until we finally made it to our destination... HARRY POTTER!!!! The movie was FANTASTIC! I would watch that movie three times in a row! Yes, I cried but it was definitely worth it. This movie was seriously great! After the movie was over my friend gave me a birthday present and we headed home. Our cousin was spending the night with us and when we got home my dad was watching Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Arch . We decided to make it a Indiana Jones Movie Night and we watched all three movies before going to bed. When I woke up on Saturday I was excited because my birthday was finally here! I made breakfast for my cousin and I, we watched Lord of the Rings Return of the King. After the movie and a few guests coming and going I got ready to go out to my grandmas house. I opened my presents which were awesome. My mom got me every possible thing that had a gingerbread man on it and my sister got me cereal (who could go wrong with that), a gift card for one of my favorite stores, and a Christmas ornament from our school. My boyfriend game me one of my favorite movies and we ate at one of my favorite drive in burger joints. We then headed out to my grandmas to meet my uncle for hunting. This experience was very different than what I am used to. When hunting we usually sit up in a really high deer stand and all of the deer are hundreds of yards away. On this trip with my uncle we were in a ground stand and the deer got within 10 yards of us. All I could do was sit completely still and breath as quietly as possible. It was really cool and I wish we would have seen more than the same 2 doe four different times. After hunting we went back to my grandmas for my birthday dinner. We had deer steak, pig, potatoes, mac&cheese, broccoli cornbread (it was sooo good), and other fixings. After dinner we played cards and drove back home. After my boyfriend left we watched part of Memoirs of a Geisha and went to bed. Sunday morning mom made bacon and eggs for me and my sister, we finished MOG and watched Royal Tenenbaums and napped before getting in the car and riding/driving 5 hours back home. Thanksgiving was nice, but I am looking forward to CHRISTMAS!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment