Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Christmas- A gift within a gift.

Christmas was fantastic. I decided I would go home for the break and spend some time with my family. It just so happened that during the holiday my sister was graduating with her doctorate degree. Then  my sister, dad, and I decided to surprise my mom with a new TV stand/cabinet to match the new TV my parents bought themselves for Christmas. When I finally got home for the holiday my dad took me out to the garage to show me the brand new jeep they had bought! I was really confused because last Christmas they bought a jeep. I didn't understand why my parents needed two almost identical red jeeps. When my dad saw my face he asked what I was thinking and I told him that I was confused about why they needed two. He then told me that it was a surprise for my sister because of her great accomplishment and she needed a vehicle for better gas mileage. They were just going to have it in the garage when she came home with a congratulations sign on the back. However, I thought it was a better idea to wait until Christmas and give her the keys in a card. That same week my dad and I shopped around for a TV cabinet. After a few days and several different stores I found the perfect one. I got a trailer and brought it home. My dad and I decided that it would be best to leave it at our family business until Christmas so my mom wouldn't see it. Later we decided that we would also leave my sisters car at the family business as well. On Christmas Eve we told my mom that we were leaving early the next morning to go get my sisters car and we told my sister that we were leaving early to get my moms table. Neither one of them suspected a thing. On Christmas morning after my sister opened her keys we all ran outside and when we opened the back of the car mom was surprised to see her new TV table! My dad said he felt like he was on the price is right.

1 comment:

  1. Hahhahahahaha i love your write up on this. So accurate and the ending "My dad said he felt like he was on the price is right>" You crack me up.

    ReplyDelete