Thursday, January 13, 2011

Really?

This morning I woke up feeling terrible! I got up to get ready for work and I just felt awful and I never started feeling better. I mean every morning I feel terrible when I wake up. Its like raising the dead. This morning was different so I called in sick to work and got back into bed. Luckily thanks to the (almost) medical miracle that happened yesterday I had a doctors appointment for my sore throat I have had since Christmas. At around 2:00 I got ready and went over to the doctors office. While there I had to fill out a mountain of paperwork and the receptions asked me where my prescription should go. I quickly told him the intersection and he looked at me weird and then he said, "Are you sure? Don't those run parallel?" I thought about it and I knew I was right so I said yeah and went to sit down. While I was sitting there I could here one of the nurses behind the glass talking to the receptionist talking about how I must be wrong and it had to be somewhere else. Luckily the receptionist told her that's where I said it was so I must know.

One thing that really annoys me at doctors offices is they bring you in and the nurse asks you questions and then they shut the door. Then 30 minutes later after about 20 false alarms and a possible nap the doctor comes in. He looks down my throat, feels my lymph nodes, looked up my nose, and in my ears then says, "You have tonsillitis and you need antibiotics." I was shocked! I have never had tonsillitis before and I'm really not sure what it even is. All I know is its freaking ridiculous that nobody knew what it was! I have been feeling crappy since CHRISTMAS! I had 2 different people look in my throat and they didn't see anything. I also went to my general practitioner and she didn't see anything and did prescribe anything either. The doctor that I saw today said he rarely sees any patients that haven't already been treated. Luck me I'm finally a Unicorn!

No comments:

Post a Comment