Monday, January 17, 2011

Don't count your chickens before they get better!

Well... All that happiness was for nothing. All of my celebrations about getting a doctors appointment were for nothing. Friday morning before I woke up for work after starting my "cure all" antibiotics I still felt like crap. I tried to get up and get ready for work and just like Thursday morning I felt terrible and I called into work again. Like my dad said just the other day, " Missing school was worse than actually going to school because the next day you were behind and had to work twice as hard. I hated school but I was there everyday!" For me missing work is just the same and its true (well most of the time). Anyways, I hated to call in again because now for the next few weeks its going to be really busy. On Wednesday when I was last at work I input a large pile checks into our deposit software and at the end of the day somehow the deposit wouldn't come out right. It was exactly 4 cents short AKA my worst nightmare! So after missing on Thursday I really didn't want to miss Friday but I was really feeling terrible. Like the day before I got back into bed and didn't wake up until after noon. I spent the rest of the day feeling groggy and laying on the couch. The weekend rolled by and I still felt terrible. This morning after taking three days of my antibiotic I got up feeling normal and headed to work. Only an hour after being there I started feeling like I was going to throw up at my desk and I developed a fever. Luckily I made it through all of the checks I had left from Wednesday. I felt good knowing that but everyone at work insisted that I go home. So once more I stayed home sick. My mom called and I told her I had been sick and she told me to read the side effects. After I got off the phone I looked at the side effects and I had every single one of the many "possible" side effects. After calling the doctors office and finding out my doctor was out of town. The nurse said she would give me the number of the doctor who was covering for him this week and send my papers over. Then without even telling me the other doctors number or even his name she hung up the phone. I was really confused and I thought I misunderstood what she said. After waiting about an hour I called back and ask her if I was supposed to call the other doctor or if she was going to do it. She asked me if I wanted the other doctors name and number and I was like uh duh! I don't know if she didn't realize that I had no idea who this other doctor was or what but I was just like COME ON LADY! Luckily after dealing with her and the nurse at the new doctors office I have another appointment tomorrow with this new doctor. Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment