Tuesday, January 18, 2011

It's the most wonderful time of the yeeeeaaarrr!!

While I was at work today I was minding my own business and one of the ladies I work with came in and said, " My daughter is selling girl scout cookies." I didn't even have to think for a second! My only response was, " Can I pay with a check?" So I ran to my desk and got my check book. I ordered 2 boxes of thin mints, 1 box of samoas, 1 box of tagalongs, and 2 boxes of trefoils. Yeah I went a little overboard for a home with only two people. Some of you may not be familiar with the kinds of cookies I am talking about... Most of you don't know this but I was the number 1 cookie seller in my troop about 4 years running. The stock show was the best place to sell girl scout cookies. Anyways I will now be stepping up on my soap box for a minute. I think it is totally ridiculous that they have changed the names so many times. I know that the names that I used above really don't describe what kind of cookie your buying. Thin mints are the only old cookie name that has stayed and it is the closest one to actually describing the cookie itself. Oh well I really don't care because the Girl Scouts obviously don't care about describing the cookie! They have a two new cookies called Thanks-a-lots and Shout Outs.... What the hell does that mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment